Review the FBI National Gang Report at the following website. Then visit the FBI's Youtube channel at and the FBI's "What we Investigate: Gangs" site at. Use the information shared on the FBI website to analyze the following questions:
- How many gangs are there in the United States?
- Which gangs are considered the most disturbing by the FBI? How did they come to that conclusion?
- Looking at the reports from the past year on the the FBI Gang News site (https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/violent-crime/gangs/gang-news), what trends do you see in gang activity? How does it compare with the National Gang Report?
- Which anti-gang initiatives spearheaded by the FBI do you find most effective? Please explain.
Write a 4 to 6 page paper answering the questions. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources. You may research local, federal and state statues in your state to illustrate your point. A good place to start is the Strayer Library at research.strayer.edu
The paper should follow guidelines for clear and organized writing:
- Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph.
- Address main ideas in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
- Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spelling.