Challenges in the Global Business Environment
According to the textbook, ongoing challenges in the global business environment are mostly attributed to unethical business practices, failure to embrace technology advancements, and stiff competition among businesses. Imagine that you have been appointed as Apple's Chief Compliance Officer and must prepare a video presentation for Apple's suppliers regarding Apple's Supplier Code of Conduct to deliver via a web meeting. To prepare for your presentation, review Apple's Supplier Code of Conduct, located at https://www.apple.com/supplier-responsibility/. Next, use a tablet, smartphone, laptop, desktop, or traditional video recorder to record a maximum of a five to seven (5-7) minute dynamic video on Apple's Code of Conduct. Alternatively, you may submit a four to six (4-6) page paper instead of the video submission.
In addition to the recorded video, you should also create a presentation using PowerPoint (or other equivalent software) summarizing the important changes and explanations regarding the code of conduct that you communicated in your video presentation to email to the suppliers after the meeting for future reference.
Part 1: Video Presentation OR Paper
Make and present a video that is a maximum of five to seven (5-7) minutes OR create a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
1. List specific changes that Apple has made to its Code of Conduct in recent years. Provide at least one (1) example of each change.
2. Explain the identified changes to the suppliers in such a way that they will understand the standards that Apple requires in order to maintain their relationship with the company.
Part 2: PowerPoint Presentation
Create a six to eight (6-8) slide PowerPoint presentation in which you:
1. Summarize Apple's Supplier Responsibility information.
2. Discuss Apple's stance on each of the following areas:
1.a. Empowering workers
b. Labor and Human Rights
c. Health and Safety
d. The Environment
1. Identify the key ways that Apple's Progress Report has changed since last year.
2. Examine the manner in which Apple's Supplier Code of Conduct helps the organization operate as a socially responsible organization.
3. Provide detailed speaker notes of what you would say if you were delivering the presentation.
4.Reference page with at least two (2) quality references