My Topic Is Poverty
1. Describe what you view as an issue or a problem? In other words, what makes it a problem?
2. Based on your readings/library research, what population groups or individuals appear to be at high risk? What places this group at high risk to this problem compared to other groups?
3. What factors contribute to this problem?
4. Provide the most recent statistical data within the last five years with comparisons to demonstrate the escalation or reduction of the problem.
5. Based on facts, provide reasons for the escalation and/or the reduction.
6. Select one country outside the US e.g. China, Honduras to demonstrate how this problem in the U.S. compares to other countries.
7. In order to demonstrate the negative impact of this problem to society and the importance of advocating for its resolution through social policy, present data that shows the social and economic costs of this problem to society.
8. If this problem has been in existence, explain how society has dealt with it in the past.
9. Do you think past ways of dealing with it have failed? How?
10. Explain what has changed to make this problem worse.
11. If this problem persists, what will be the implications on future social work practice?
12. Summarize by presenting what you have learned from this project in terms of social welfare policy and social work practice.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.