Assignment: IT - Emerging Threats And Countermeasures Research
Select from one of the topics listed below to complete your research wiki:
• Social Engineering
• Phishing attacks
• Cloud Cybersecurity Threats
• Shadow IT
• Rogue Administrator
• IOT device attacks
• OT System Attacks (power factories, mining operations, SCADA)
• Cyberwarfare escalation (major attack or disruption from foreign governments with the intent of creating major disruptions, massive economic impact, and potential loss of life)
• Blockchain hacks
• Fileless attack (in-memory)
Each student will create a new wiki entry for a peer-reviewed research paper that should provide a summary or substantive commentary on the proposed topic.
This first entry should contain the following three paragraphs:
1. Current landscape of cybersecurity and cyber-attacks in the world today
2. Provide an overview of your approved topic (what is it, how does this attack or danger work, why is this a major problem for an organization (i.e. One of the biggest challenges facing cybersecurity today is (insert your topic)
3. Why is this still a threat in society today (why have organizations failed to address this properly, do not discuss the fix here, just discuss why this issue has lingered so long and still a problem today)
• Each paragraph should have a minimum of 4 sentences and you must use a minimum of six peer-reviewed references total (maximum two from textbooks)
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.