Assignment: Major Policy Paper
Purpose: To identify a specific health policy or quality health care delivery problem and propose a solution at the local, state, national or international level based on evidence based practice.
1. Select and describe in detail a health policy or quality health care delivery problem with policy implications.
2. Propose one to two possible solutions to the problem.
3. Outline as specifically as possible the projected cost of implementing one of the solutions.
4. Identify the individuals and/or groups who will likely be supporters or opponents to the issue. Comment on both supporters and opponents.
5. Name the specific steps that you, as an advocate, would have to pursue in order to get your proposal onto an official agenda. An official agenda might be a committee in a hospital, a committee in the state or federal legislature or on an agenda for a meeting of a group that might support this policy change.
6. Reference at least five peer-reviewed research or professional policy articles. This includes: original research studies, meta-analysis, professional organization policy papers, and state or federal policy papers. This does not include blogs, editorials, and summary of clinical practice.
Length: Body of the paper up to 10 double-spaced pages, (roughly).
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.