1. The probability of being left handed is 10%. You will sample 10 people, what is the probability that you sample people and get exactly the following result: Persons 1, 2, and 3 are right handed, person 4 is left handed, persons 5, 6, 7, and 8 are right handed. The last 2 people sampled are left handed?
2. The probability of being left handed is 10%, what is the probability that you randomly sample 10 people and 3 out of the 10 are left handed in any order.
3. The probability of a random bike rider on campus not wearing their helmet is 80%. For 7 randomly selected people, what is the probability that exactly 4 will not be wearing their helmet in any order
4. The likelihood of having a pet is 30%. For 6 randomly chosen people, what is the likelihood that 2 or less of them have a pet in any order.
5. The probability of getting an A in Biom301 is 40%. You randomly sample groups of size 4. Create a frequency histogram showing the likelihood of getting every possible outcome that could occur (0 out of 4 people getting an A, 1 out of 4 getting an A, etc.). Use excel to create the frequency histogram. Copy and paste here.
6. For number 5 above, what is the mean and standard deviation for the distribution you have generated. Give units.
7. Describe how the graph you generated for number 4 above would change if the probability of an A was reduced to 20%. Describe how the shape of the graph would change.
8. For number 5 above, if the probability of getting an A suddenly changed to 60%, how would the shape of the graph change?