Worksheet Assignment: Vitamins and Minerals and Water... Oh My!
You learned about vitamins, minerals, and water. You will instruct your client, Mr. Jones, about possible micronutrient deficiencies in his current diet.
Mr. Jones is a 70-year-old man. He has a decreased appetite and often only consumes one meal per day. He does not like to eat fruits and vegetables and considers meat and potatoes his favorite meal. During your assessment of Mr. Jones you complete a food frequency questionnaire. The results from the questionnaire indicate the following:
• Mr. Jones consumes 2-3 servings of fruit per month.
• Mr. Jones consumes 3-4 servings of vegetables per month.
• Mr. Jones consumes up to 24 ounces of water per day.
• Mr. Jones consumes animal protein at each meal.
This assignment is intended to introduce basic nutritional principles such as energy requirements, sources, and uses. You will also differentiate between macronutrient and micronutrient concepts and describe their physiological functioning, while applying human nutritional theories and relevant research to assessa patient's nutritional needs.
Perform the following tasks:
• Complete the reading assignment and the interactive lesson before attempting this assignment.
• In approximately 150 words, respond to the following in the Assignment Worksheet section on page 2:
o Given the results from the food frequency questionnaire, list at least one vitamin that Mr. Jones could be lacking in his current diet. Describe one disease Mr. Jones is more susceptible to developing to if he remains deficient in this vitamin?
o Given the results from the food frequency questionnaire, list at least one mineral that Mr. Jones could be lacking in his current diet. Describe one disease Mr. Jones is more susceptible to developing to if he remains deficient in this mineral.
o List three nutritional recommendations for improving Mr. Jones' diet.
o Is Mr. Jones consuming enough water? If not, what are the possible complications? Discuss.
o Based on the textbook, would you suggest vitamin and mineral supplementation for Mr. Jones? Use the textbook to support your response.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.