Assignment: Business Impact Analysis And DR Planning
In addition to risk analysis organizations must conduct a business impact analysis in order to determine the criticality of business functions. This analysis aids the IT staff and management in determining what resources to put into protecting these business functions, as well as in what order functions should be restored in the event of a disaster.
Consider an organization such as the Bridge Street Center discussed in the case study in Written Assignment - Case Study Analysis: Risk Analysis in a Hospital Setting. IT services deliver important functions for both staff and patients, but in the event of a disaster (natural or otherwise) the small IT staff must be prepared to resource services in the way that serves the organization the best.
• List five IT/computer systems that would be used by the Bridge Street Center that would be supported by the IT department in order to conduct regular business, support employees, care for patients, etc. These would be systems that would be in danger of "going down" and would need to be restored in the event of a power outage or disaster. Describe each system, its purpose, and who uses it.
• For each of the five systems you chose, give the parameters for each of the following should there be a system outage:
1. Recovery Point Objective (RPO)
2. Recovery Time Objective (RTO)
3. Business recovery prerequisites
4. Technical recovery prerequisites.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.