Question: Imagine that you are in the market for a new career. How can the marketing research process apply to your career search? Think of a specific topic you need to learn more about that relates to your career as a organic chef--a topic that would require you to conduct research.
In 2-3 double-spaced pages, provide the following:
1. Define your research goal.
2. List at least three secondary sources you will use to conduct your research. Explain why you chose each one and what you found.
3. Select a successful person in your chosen field. This might be a business acquaintance, relative, current or past instructor, or a mentor. If you cannot think of anyone, then imagine you have access to a notable person in the field. Develop 6-8 open-ended questions you might ask this individual.
4. Based on your career pathing research, write one SMART goal that will help you stay focused.
5. Conduct research and find one job in your new field that is of interest to you. Include the job description, skill requirement, and salary. Be sure to include the link to the job posting.