This section involves both a video about Judy Wicks and two articles from class. Watch the video and read the articles and answer the following questions in short essay form. You also need to incorporate information from regarding Local Business Networks, CSO's, Philadelphia SBN and BALLE (search those information form Google searching).
Judy Wicks Speech youtube video: "Judy Wicks - Local Living Economies | Bioneers"
Local Living Economies: The New Movement for Responsible Business, by Judy Wicks(the upload word document )
The Sustainable Business Network Serves the Community Through Social and Environmental Advocacy -
Article: Center City: The Sustainable Business Network Serves the Community Through Social and Environmental Advocacy by Alexa R Zizzi.
Answer these questions in your section I:
1. Judy Wicks chose to operate a socially responsible business instead of growing and expanding her business to other cities. Discuss some of the characteristics of Local Living Economiesand what affect they have on both the businesses and the community.
2. In the video, she mentions working with many different suppliers. Explain some of those relationships and why she chose them instead of national distributors. What benefit did she believe existed?Do you agree with her assessment about these benefits?
3. How do some of these independent agencies and non-profits help promote community business ideals (Local Business Networks, CSO's, Philadelphia SBN and BALLE)?
4. At the end of her article, she mentions many examples of what she feels the Local Living Economies Movement is all about. Choose four and describe what you think she means by them.
Recently General Motors announced plans to close four auto plants in the United States, which will cause over 11,000 employees to lose their jobs.
You need to search Google for articles relating to GM closings and find hundreds of articles for reference. I have included one here to help you further understand the facts, but one is not enough to illustrate specifically.
Article: Unlike 2008, GM cutting jobs, plants proactively- Restructuring plan met with anger, except on Wall Street by Michael Wayland.
1. List at least five different stakeholder groups and discuss the attributes of each group.
2. Discuss GM's responsibilities to each group.
3. Discuss how GM should approach managing its relationship with each group as it pertains to this decision.
4. Put yourself in one of the groups of stakeholders and discuss your feelings and ideas as a member of that group on the proposed decision.
Think through the following issue and answer the questions.There are several articles and lectures from the semester that you should use as reference, including, but not limited to Adams - Capitalist Monkey Wrench, Reich - How Capitalism is Killing Democracy, and Freidman, Mackey, Rogers Debate and the John Deckop chapter.
The most appropriate approach for a company to take is Profit Maximization, not a Triple Bottom Line approach.
1. Supply a short essay response in agreement with this statement.
2. Supply a short essay response against this statement.
3. If you were beginning a business, given the choice, which approach do you think you would follow and how?
4. Do you think that as more discussions occur regarding environmental issues and social responsibility, there will be more businesses moving in the direction of B-Corps?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.