1. Explain in your own words what you have learned so far about your topic that you didn't know before.
2. Also, how might you further define/narrow/change your topic as you proceed further in your research?
3. What would you say is the central question you hope to answer as you proceed with your research?
4. What would be your tentative, working hypothesis-the idea or statement that you're attempting to explore (and which may be a tentative answer to 1 above)?
5. What's the best resource you've found so far (title, author, location)?
6. What level of prior knowledge will you assume your readers have about your subject?