Green LEEDTM Architecture
Resources: LEEDTM Presentation; Energy Usage Calculation spreadsheet
Read the LEEDTM Microsoft® PowerPoint® Presentation to gain an understanding of the standard for green architecture.
Select the design of a home that uses standard architectural design or nonrenewable, inefficient energy guidelines.
Complete the Energy Usage Calculation spreadsheet. Use the Energy Usage Calculation spreadsheet to complete the following:
• Determine the most efficient alternative energy design that would reduce the energy output through built-in calculation.
• Compare the energy usage in the original to the new design of the chosen home.
Redesign your chosen building to achieve a certified, silver, or gold level of LEEDTM certification.
Prepare a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation and include the following:
• Outline your idea for an alternative energy design that includes LEEDTM architecture.
• Determine the most energy-efficient design or alternative energy for the home or building you have chosen.
• Describe how you might integrate sustainable energy sources and technologies into the design.
• Report the energy savings of the new design.
• Compare actions you might take in daily activities at home, when commuting, and to work to reduce the energy you consume.How much energy is saved by the redesign?
1. Find out what appliances are used in your chosen building and fill out column A. Add new appliances if necessary.
2. Find out the power consumption of each appliance in the original design by completing column B. The average power consumptions have been provided in column B. You can adjust the numbers according to which appliances are used in the building. Information on the average power consumption of an appliance can be found by performing an Internet search. The power consumption of a specific compliance model can be found online or on the tag of the appliance.
3. Enter the hours each appliance uses in the original design in column C. The energy used per year will appear automatically in column
4. Find out the power consumption of each appliance by completing column E using an Internet search.
5. Enter the hours each appliance uses in the new design of the chosen building in column F. The energy used per year will appear automatically in column G.
6. Compare the total energy usage in the original design (Cell D38) with the total energy usage in new design (Cell G38) and see how much energy is saved by the redesign.
Attachment:- LEED PRESENTATION USAGE.rar