Before embarking upon job interviews, it is strongly recommended to come prepared. One of these preparation steps could include researching the company you are interviewing with. Find some of the best sources for researching company profile information and post your opinion on 1 of the following questions:
- The profile in an annual report contains a lot of information for the current year, including stock performance. For a job posting that interests you, what are 5 categories of information that you find most helpful?
- The annual report is a useful way to view company information. What are 2 other sources of company information? Are they more reliable sources than the annual report? Why or why not?
- Now that you have a better understanding of some of the companies that have job postings for the IT careers in which you are interested, you may want to track potential positions. Based on the research that you performed earlier in the week, which methods or Web sites will help you with tracking job openings?
In 3 to 5 paragraphs, discuss the following:
- What are 3 methods that you can use to track potential jobs?
- What are the advantages to keeping your resume posted with companies you are interested in?
For the second part of this assignment develop an outline for your resume by identifying the sections you plan to include in your resume. To accomplish this task, research at least 2 different styles of resumes, and select the one that best showcases your experience and strengths.