Industry and Career Research Report
Individually students will research informationabout professional associations, publications, memberships, certifications, and current news related to their chosen career field. They will detail their findings in a formal business report and submit to their professor.
Essential Employability Skills Learning Outcomes:
• Locate, select, organize and document information using appropriate technology and information systems.
• Manage the use of time and other resources to complete projects.
• Communicate clearly, concisely and correctly in the written, spoken and visual form to fulfill the purpose and meet the needs of an audience.
• Respond to written, spoken or visual messages in a manner that ensures effective communication.
• Apply a systematic approach to solve problems.
Vocational Learning Outcomes:
• Use appropriate current technologies to produce necessary reports and documents.
• Use the Internet and other sources of information to locate, assess, and collect data required for research.
• Outline the roles and benefits of professional organizations, memberships, subscriptions and certifications in a chosen career field or industry.
• Identify sources of information gathered in order to give proper recognition to the works of others.
• Use appropriate technology to organize and present research findings in a form that will clearly be understood and accessible by the end users and management (e.g., with tables, lists/bullets, images; suitable language and terminology; appropriate electronic folder).