Choose one of the human services populations from the list below and conduct research using peer-reviewed journal articles. Suggested databases include the ProQuest® social sciences or the PsycINFO® databases on the chosen population.
• At-risk older adults
• Mental illness
• Developmental disabilities
• At-risk youth
• Substance abuse
• Victims of domestic violence
• Physical disabilities
Include human services as part of your search. The more specific criteria you choose, the more relevant your paper will be.
Create a 750-1,050-word paper that addresses the following:
• Address the interpersonal skills needed to work with this population.
• Address personal and professional qualities that help human services professionals successfully work with this population.
• Does this population require differential treatment? Why or why not? Is there anything that warrants a change in the human services worker's style, behaviors, or attitudes?
• Include strategies to use and actions to take to improve your professional skills in this area.
• Address potential challenges and how you would meet and overcome them.
• Reference at least three peer-reviewed journal articles that support your statements and ideas.
You must Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.