The EOS Project will require the student to write a research paper not to exceed 3000 words. All references must be from authentic, established and reliable sources (sites like Wikipedia will not be accepted). This assignment must contain a minimum of 8 resources. When selecting credible sources to use in your research documentation, peer-reviewed journals, governmental publications and newspapers/magazines tend to be the best places to begin. Submitted document must be in MS Word format (.doc or .docx).
Your paper must address the following scenario:
• You are the newly hired Network Security Administrator for UMESCo, a financial consulting company. This company has seven branch offices around the country, connecting to the primary office over L2TP/IPSEC VPN tunnels. There are one hundred employees at the main office, and an average of 25 at each remote office. All employees have access to FinanceWare, the antiquated and proprietary financial ERP system used by your company, via the SSH-based client installed locally on their Windows 8.1 desktops, running in a server/client environment. The system is maintained by the IT Department, and all IT personnel are located full-time at the main office where the FinanceWare system is housed.
• The CIO has asked you to prepare a report for him detailing what you consider to be potential security vulnerabilities with his new plan. You must:
o Identify what you consider to be potential security threats in the scenario above.
o Develop a plan that, by using the methods, tools and ideals covered in this course, integrates effective security and protection against the potential threats you have identified.
o Prepare a succinct report to the CIO of UMESCo, Mr. Smith, detailing your identification of the threats, your plan to address them, and the desired results of your plan. Make sure to include an executive summary instead of an abstract since it is a business document.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.