Rough Draft Review Process Evaluation
Purpose: The primary goal of this weekly assignment is to enable you to understand the revision process and revise your paper with the help of a writing specialist.
Prepare a shortened version of your Final Paper (at least four pages) by including the following:
• Introduction paragraph and thesis statement you developed for your Week 3 Assignment.
• Background information of the global societal issue you have chosen.
• Brief argument supporting at least two solutions to the global societal issue.
What You Need to Submit to Waypoint:
• Submit a copy of the feedback within your rough draft that you received from the writing specialist.
• Submit the journal assignment answering the following questions in at least 400 words:
o Identify the top three issues your writing specialist focused on in your rough draft (e.g., paragraph structure, proper use of quotations, thesis statement, etc.).
- In what ways were those issues surprising?
o Describe what you learned from some of the feedback your writing specialist provided as explanations.
- Was this feedback helpful?
o Evaluate the usefulness of the paper review tool.
- In what ways did this activity improve your academic writing skills?
- Will you use the Ashford Writing Center to review your work in the future? Why or why not?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.