You have recently become CEO of a corporation with offices in three countries: the U.S., Japan, and Germany. You have begun to plan your first annual conference with all managers and supervisors/team leads from your three locations. It will be held in a central location (face-to-face) and you wish to share many things with your leadership team.
One of the things you wish to share is that of various leadership styles they may wish to consider as they work in their respective locations. Not all leadership styles are appropriate for all situations or all cultures.
Create a presentation that includes the following:
• The definition of leadership (in your own words) and identify several skills leaders need to excel at that managers do not necessarily need to be good at.
• A concise description of the leadership styles (see below) with a brief paragraph or bullets on each style identifying its key traits, strengths or weaknesses, and identify which of the three countries above might benefit from or work well for each style of leadership. You may identify more than one country per leadership style.
Provide researched information (at a minimum 4 outside sources) on the following:
1. Transformational leadership.
2. Transactional leadership.
3. Servant leadership.
4. Autocratic leadership.
5. Democratic leadership.
6. Bureaucratic leadership.
7. Charismatic leadership.
• A concluding / summary recommending the style of leadership that would best suit each country of your multi-national management team.
Tips and Hints for Success
• Note: the entire URL does not appear at the end of your sentence or phrase; only the author(s)' name or a 'signal phrase' does (research that if necessary or email me if you need help with citing.)
• Do not copy from outside sources. Use outside sources by reading them, rewriting them in your own words, and then citing the author and date right. Do not use wikis, dictionaries, blogs, twitter, Yelp, LinkedIn, or other social media please. See syllabus section "Other Course Materials" for legitimate research sources.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.