Assignment: M-Commerce Solution
Amazon is the company
1. Business and Market Overview-your client's organization, management, business model, their products and services, and their growth strategy. Elaborate on the distinct external pressures on their business. This section must include an illustration of Porter's Model with the unique and specific pressures that your client faces.
2. Problem Definition- Identify the core business problem that your client has engaged your team to solve. For that problem, identify the overarching business process. Explain the current, or 'AS-IS,' state process and illustrate it with a UML Activity Diagram with partitions, a.k.a Swimlane diagram that the customer leverages that could be improved with the use of technologies. Refer to Figure 3-6 of your text for a sample Swimlane diagram. Choices
Autonomic computing, Cloud computing, Grid computing, Nanotechnology,N-tier client/server architectures On-demand computing, Service-oriented architecture (SOA)Storage area networks (SANs), Virtualization
3. Business Solution Proposal-taking the 'AS-IS' model from section 2, elaborate on how technology will be utilized to streamline or optimize the current process in order to solve the stated business problem. Explain the future, or 'TO-BE', state process and illustrate it with a UML Activity Diagram. Be sure to include any key technology in its own Swimlane. Also, elaborate on any new, updated, enhanced IT Infrastructure (hardware, databases, networks, business intelligence, RFID, sensor networks, and/or software) required to support the solution. The line items that come out of this section should be part of the investment cost details in Section 4.
4. Solution Assessment-Leverage the output from the previous three sections and quantify the value of the business solution. Identify and estimate the cost of key technology, training, people, resources required for the business solution, i.e. the investment. Next, identify and estimate the value of the solution in specific financial gains or costs savings, i.e. financial gain. Illustrate the ROI by using IT ROI and Related Financial Metrics and Return on Investment (ROI) Calculator. If you aren't sure about real costs, be sure to mark it as an assumption, i.e. best guess.
5. Project Management-identify potential project management and SDLC (system development life cycle) challenges and elaborate on mitigation strategies for each in order to ensure that the rollout of the business solution goes smoothly. Include a high-level project plan with key activities for each main phase of the project.
Text Book: Essentials of Management Information Systems by Kenneth C. Laudon and Jane P. Laudon, Thirteenth Edition.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.