What Would You Do?
Choose one of the following companies (or any company that has been in the press) and write a 2 to 3 page, APA style critical analysis of the ethical issues involved in the case.
- Global Crossing
- NYSE and Richard Grasso
- Merrill Lynch
- Health South
- Marsh and McLennan
- Al Dunlap and Sunbeam
The analysis should include the following:
1. A short description of case
2. identification of the ethical issues involved (what was the alleged ethical wrong done, and why is/was it wrong?)
3. A statement, in their own opinion, of whether it was wrong or not, and more importantly, why?
4. Thoughts on what could have been done to avoid the problem - do we need more laws & government regulation? What internal controls might have prevented this situation?
5. Was the problem more a matter of individuals gone wrong, or was it more systemic and organizational?
Provide 3 to 5 APA style references both inline and at the end of the paper to support your analysis. Please write in 3rd person. Note: This is your opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge of the week's theory linked to personal opinion and outside evidence.