1. After reading Read like a Graduate Student, not a Mystery Fan, discuss what you believe to be the most valuable advice from Doane's article. Then, using EBSCO, find the following;
• Title: Critical Thinking and Higher Order Thinking: A Current Perspective
• Aurthor: Shaughnessy, Michael
• Date: 2012
Read Chapter 1, utilizing one or more of Doane's strategies. Finish the post by doing three things:
• Sharing what strategy/strategies you applied,
• Evaluating the effectiveness of your chosen strategy/strategies, and
• Presenting an idea from Shaughnessy's chapter that stood out to you.
• Provide both in-text and reference citations.
150-200 words in length
2. Think about a problem you have been faced with at a current or former work environment. Using this topic, present an annotated bibliography of TWO scholarly sources in APA format. As stated in the lecture, you will eventually need a total of four sources, so if you find additional sources now, feel free to incorporate them.
1. Share the problem you identified at work and your research question. (2-3 sentences total).
2. Describe your search: What database and what keywords did you use? (1 sentence)
3. Create and Attach your annotated bibliography of two sources using MS Word.
Keep in mind, each bibliographic entry
• Should begin with a proper APA citation.
• Should be a scholarly source from the Grantham library.
• Should state the purpose of the article. (1 sentence)
• Should summarize the article's main ideas/findings/conclusions. (2 sentences).
• Should include your critique of the article - how is it useful to answering your question? Were findings valid? (2 sentences).
3. In your own words, describe what professionalism means to you within your career field. There should be no citations in this section and no quotes.
Think about someone who you believe truly exemplifies what it means to be a professional. Introduce this person to us and how you know him/her (if you know him/her). Explain why you feel this person is truly professional and support your explanation by aligning at least one of his/her characteristics or actions with material from one of this week's sources. Cite the source in APA format as it is used and as a reference at the end of the post.
Examine your own level of professionalism. What areas are you already strong in? What areas may be areas to further develop?
4. Literature Review
For this assignment, you will be expected to build on the annotated bibliography that you constructed last week. There will be four entries related to your topic. Use the feedback in the discussion area and from your professor to make adjustments and find additional materials. This will be a 1-2 page mini-literature review, which synthesizes the information from your four studies.
1. Paragraph 1 should introduce your research question and why you selected it. It should contain a thesis statement, which previews the information in the rest of the literature review.
2. The middle paragraph(s) should be organized by theme and not by study. If all your studies are on the exact same thing, then you will most likely have one paragraph. The stronger the connections between your sources, the less paragraphs you may have. In other words, do not present the first article, then the second, then the third. Synthesize the material.
3. In your concluding paragraph, summarize the conclusions and address the limitations. You may need to discuss study design, sample size, and contradictions. If there are contradictions, hypothesize why they exist. State your thoughts on any future studies that may help answer your question.
5. Research Methods
For this assignment, you will create a research question, select an appropriate research method to answer that question, and discuss the appropriateness of the type of research you selected. Your title will be a research question that you are interested in investigating. You will not actually conduct this research for the assignment though. You are also expected to explore the different types of research methods.
Here is an example: Research Methods: Qualitative and Quantitative. Select a research method that is appropriate to use to answer your question. Explain the research method that you have selected.
• What steps are involved?
• Cite the information from sourced material. (You may need additional sources to get a complete idea of the research method you chose). Because you are using outside information to create this paragraph, there will be in-text citations in APA format.
• In addition, briefly discuss how you would use that research method to answer your question (assume you had access to whatever you needed). Remember Grantham has a policy that no more than 20% of a paper can be sourced material.
• Explain why the research method you selected is appropriate for answering your research question. What kind of data does it generate? How would that data answer your question?
In your concluding paragraph, explain the weaknesses, limitations, and bias that you would need to be aware of if you were to use that research method to answer your question.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.