A marketing plan is a written strategy for selling the products/services of a new business and/or product. It is a reflection of how serious an organization is in meeting the competition head on, with strategies and plans to increase market share and attract customers. An effective Marketing Plan is backed by carefully collected market, consumer, and competitor information, sometimes citing professional advice. A good marketing plan will help you to improve an organization's odds against more experienced competitors and newly emerging ones. The Plan enables organizations to recognize and take action on any trends and consumer preferences that other companies have overlooked, and to develop and expand their own select group of loyal customers now and into the future. The plan also shows others that the organization has carefully considered how to produce a product that is innovative, unique, and marketable - improving the chances of stable profits.
For the duration of this course, you will develop a marketing plan for an organization of your choice (i.e., Hospital, Long-term Care Facility, Outpatient Surgery Center, etc.). For Module 1 SLP, in 2-3 pages, you are to:
• Identify (type) an organization for which you are creating a marketing plan. Be sure to name your organization as well (i.e., Organizational Name/Type: Trident Assisted Living; Long-Term Care Facility).
• Identify a Geographical Location where your organization is situated. (This is important when you reach the point of researching the market in that area.)
o The area that you choose can be one in which you reside, have resided, or an area that you would be interested in researching.
o Include demographics of the location (average age, median salary, ethnicity composition, etc.).
• Provide a Historical Background:
o In this section, you are to give the reader an indication of where your organization idea originated and opportunities for expansion.
o Indicate how the future success of the organizations can be attributed to the strategies found in the marketing plan.
o Identify if the organization is non-profit or for-profit.
• Provide the Marketing Goals and Objectives:
o To introduce this section, include the "mission statement" of the organization.
- Identify industry-wide problems and create strategies to challenge them. This will also demonstrate that you have the necessary foresight to allow you to recognize problems in the future (i.e., baby boomer concerns, understaffing issues, lack of technology, underserved population, etc.).
o Explain how you will attract more customers while keeping the ones you have.
o Indicate the goals you have for quality of service, level of service (speed and accuracy), customer satisfaction, and your own flexibility to support consumer demands and requests.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.