Assignment: Psychology Draft Proposal Worksheet
Research Proposal Right to bear arms
Instructions: Type your responses in the text boxes provided. Once complete, save your completed worksheet with a unique file name. Face-to-face classes must print and bring the completed worksheet to class on the stated due date.
This Draft Proposal Worksheet is worth up to 20 points toward your Final Proposal grade.
Title of Research Proposal:
1. Literature Review (this information will be included in the Introduction section of your final proposal paper).
a. Importance of topic: Why is this topic important or interesting?
b. Summary of research: List each source you will cite in your formal proposal. Provide a brief (1-2 sentence) summary of each source.
c. State your hypothesis:
d. Provide operational definitions for all key terms in your hypothesis:
2. Method (this section explains the details of your proposed experiment).
a. Identify your independent variable:
b. Identify your dependent variable:
c. How will you select your participants?
d. How will you randomly assign participants to groups?
e. Define the experimental group:
f. Define the control group:
g. How will you measure your dependent variable?
h. How will you obtain informed consent?
3. Results (this section discusses the numbers/variables you will compare).
a. What is your predicted outcome?
4. Discussion (this section further explores your predicted outcome).
a. Briefly discuss any ethical concerns you have regarding your proposal:
b. Briefly discuss any potential confounding variables.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.