Assignment: Planning and Carrying Out a Tourism Activity Objectives
The course project for this class will entail your plan to carry out a tourism activity that focuses on one of the following themes:
• Event Tourism
• Gay, Lesbian, Transgender Tourism
• Leisure Tourism
• Ethnic Travel
• Religious tourism
• Sports Tourism
• Educational Tourism
You are to select one of the above topics and submit a well-thought-out proposal for a trip, taking in consideration the cost of the program, the characteristics and needs of the target audience, and the learning goals of the activity. You will also need to prepare a marketing piece to sell the activity to your target market and build excitement for the trip.
Components of the Course Project Rationale
• How and why did you choose the activity?
• What research did you conduct to arrive at this decision?
• What demographic and data did you use to help with your decision?
• What do you hope to achieve with this trip?
• Do you believe this plan will succeed in the long run?
• Create a SWOT analysis.
• Overview of the program
• Competitor information: are there other providers already doing this?
• Potential problems
• Staffing, resources, and facilities needed
• Participant and staff safety
• How will you market your trip to your demographics?
• What are some challenges you are expecting in the area of marketing?
• You will need to create an elaborate marketing plan for this part of the project.
• How will you determine that you achieved your goals?
• How will you evaluate your participant response?
• Is this trip profitable? What can you do to make it even more profitable?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.