Students often arrive to school facing numerous challenges in their personal life. Educators are charged with the daunting task of teaching the student, no matter what challenges are present. It is important to understand what issues a family may be facing, to know where to find resources that may be of assistance, and to communicate that information to families effectively.
Choose three parental/guardian challenges to post on the school's parent/guardian resource page from the list below:
- Financial issues
- Limited opportunities for recreation and leisure
- Sibling issues
- Constant care and supervision of a child with a disability
- Increased potential for marital problems
- Logistical issues such as transportation
- Difficulty getting time away from job to care for a child with a disability
- Frequent disability-related crises
- Health issues of other family members
- Difficulties obtaining appropriate educational services for child with disability
Design a 10 to 15 slide digital presentation that describes each of the three challenges you selected.
Include the following:
- Potential solutions
- A mix of five state and national resources that could help parents facing such challenges
- Presenter's notes, a title slide, a reference slide
In addition, using the resources you identified in your presentation, create a one-page handout that outlines the resources from your presentation for parents.
Include the following in your handout:
- Name of resource
- Link or copy of resource
- Rationale of the purpose of each resource and how it supports the identified challenge
Support your findings with a minimum of three scholarly resources.