Technical Demonstration - Using Screen Capture and Editing Software to Demonstrate a Computer Process
Competency: Present information using digital video in either a presentation or movie format.
Design and present a step by step video demonstrating how to accomplish a task on your personal computer system. Create a short (2-3) minute video that demonstrates how to do something useful on your personal computer. There are many useful procedures or time saving techniques that may be implemented on a personal-use computer system. To document the steps one might use to take advantage of these, written instructions are often times not as easy to follow as a demonstration in a video format.
Tutorials about using PowerPoint or I-movie and Quicktime are available in the study guide.
On a Macintosh system use i-movie and quicktime software to create one complete video file
On a Windows system use MS-PowerPoint to embed video files into one or more slides within a presentation
1. For this assignment, you will design and present a step by step video demonstrating how to accomplish a task on your personal computer system.
2. Determine something that you think is useful when using a personal computer. This could be something directly related to schoolwork, a utility program that maintains the health of your system, or one or more shortcuts or tips you have discovered when using productivity software.
3. Use movie editing software or MS-PowerPoint to create a series of step by step instructions for how to accomplish the task you are demonstrating. As noted above,see the Study Guide for tutorials on video software or capturing video directly from PowerPoint.
o Use screen capture techniques, with annotations where needed, to demonstrate the steps used to accomplish the selected task.
o Within the video, use narration to reinforce what you are showing with screen capture.
o Include titles and credits (research sources) in the video or slide show.
o Include at least one transition and one animation for visual interest.
o Use at least one image from a website that allows images to be reused. Be sure to attribute the source of the image(s).
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.