In Module, an introduction to Foucault's studies of discourse (as cited in Hook, 2001) [recommended reading] and Western's (2013) [required reading] explanation of The Four Discourses of Leadership provided a foundation on which to deepen understanding of Controller Leadership, Therapist Leadership, Messiah Leadership, and Eco-Leadership Discourse.
Our discussion this week expands upon Western's exploration of the Four Discourses and provides an opportunity to collaborate and expand our collective knowledge.
This assignment asks you to develop a slide presentation for an original post and then to respond to others using audio technology. If verbal communication is not possible for you, you may write your responses.
1. For your original post, develop a slide presentation of six slides (using PowerPoint, Prezi, SlideShare, or a similar appropriate software) according to the discourse topic assigned in Table 1 below: you are to follow the instructions in the table that correspond to the first letter of your last name.
2. The audience for the slide presentation is composed of student scholars exploring contemporary leadership.
3. Proceed to the to gather scholarly articles on the assigned discourse. Then prepare the presentation to include:
o Slide 1: Title page, introduction, and purpose statement
o Slide 2: Definition of terms and examples of how the assigned discourse may be illuminated in modern organizations.
o Slides 3 and 4: Overview of two current (published within the last three years), relevant, scholarly research articles associated with the assigned discourse. The audience should be able to understand the study's purpose, methods, and findings at a minimum
o Slide 5: Conclusions on the relevance of the discourse in modern organizations (based on data and your analysis)
o Slide 6: References.
4. When responding to others:
5. Respond to a minimum of two (2) of your peers' original posts according to Table 1 below. Use Schoology's audio technology (click here for a tutorial) embedded in the discussion board to verbally communicate your response. (If verbal communication is not possible for you, respond in the usual written posting format.)
6. Responses are offered by way of critical analysis (covered in Module 1). Describe the frame of critical inquiry used, the investigative process, and your conclusions. Audio comments (or other types of media-processed comments-see above) are presented in a clear, concise, and professional manner. Comments should be between two and three minutes in length (or, if written, between 300 and 600 words). Dialogue between students continues in audio form (or in the other chosen format-see above).
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.