1. Please describe and evaluate the Country/Political Risk faced by this organization and describe its successes and failures.
2. What has been the lending strategy followed by Santander? Are lending decisions based on the credit background of the borrower, or on the riskiness of the venture? How do they manage risk? How do they finance their loans? Why is there so little cross-border borrowing?
3. How is the lending strategy different to US commercial banks?
4. As a consultant to the CEO, what would you suggest Magda Salarich do now? Please obtain, identify and evaluate the data and conduct a multi-perspective analysis of the evidence to make a logical recommendation for solving the problem with a global perspective.
5. Defend your recommendation and communicate your beliefs clearly and accurately.
Case Study Resources:
• Usually business writing incorporates APA format. Case length is not an important consideration in my grading strategy.
The questions posed are meant to guide you in developing an analytical framework that you must present in a case report. Usually you can incorporate your responses in sections C and D described below. I cannot prescribe a single outline or template, but I can identify "building blocks" that are essential to building a logical structure that will stand up to critical scrutiny, and serve as a useful guide to presenting the results of your in depth case analysis. Essential building blocks and structure are as follows:
• Executive Summary
• Section A. Introduction and Overview of the Situation
• Section B. Assumptions and Methods
• Section C. Business Impacts
• Section D. Descriptions of Sensitivity, Risks, Successes, Failures, Contingencies and Strategies
• Section E. Conclusions and Recommendations
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.