Assignment: End-Of-Life Issues
Length: 3 pages, excluding cover page, abstract page, and reference page.
Assume that you work for a medium-size oncology hospital that is solely dedicated to cancer patients. Assume the role of case manager, overseeing the case management and quality assurance departments. Your direct supervisor has stated that the importance of informed consent must be stressed to employees. She would like to work with you to develop an informed consent training protocol.
Your first step is to research informed consent and develop an executive summary that answers the following questions:
• What is informed consent?
• How is informed consent important to the cancer hospital legally? How is it important ethically?
• How is informed consent important to the patients?
• What are the regulatory and legal consequences of not properly administering informed consent?
• Examine ethical and legal considerations pertaining to assisted suicide or euthanasia for patients suffering from chronic illness or are terminally ill.
Conclude your executive summary with an explanation for why clinical staff members and administrators have an ethical obligation to ensure that informed consent guidelines are followed.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.