Assignment: RDBMS And Underlying Theories
Write a 1500 word scholarly essay detailing relational databases and their underlying theories. The formulation of your essay should follow a logical progression (e.g. introduction, analysis & discussion, and summary/conclusions), be developed with strong referential integrity to academic sources, and strictly follow Turabian style guidelines. Note that the course textbook is a great resource for this assignment.
Your analysis should include foundational database topics such as:
• The evolution of database systems and models including any defining theories, events, and literature, including seminal work such as Dr. E. F. Codd's Relational Database Rules.
• The role of functional dependencies in normalization, and how the goal of eliminating insertion, deletion, and update anomalies is achieved in relational design.
• Conceptual modeling concepts and how they relate to the concepts of referential and entity integrity. Describe relations in the context of the conceptual and logical data model, as well as the physical implementation of the relational database.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.