Assignment: Foundational Information In Health Informatics
In this competency, you learned about the history of healthcare informatics and its impact on the healthcare industry. This assignment will offer you the opportunity to research recent healthcare trends and evaluate their effect on healthcare informatics. After conducting the required research, write an 800 to 1.000-word paper describing a current news issue.
Use the following prompts to guide your explanation of how the issue affects healthcare informatics.
The project instruction wants the student to pick 1 issue in the health care field and discuss how informatics will help that one issue.
• How does the issue impact healthcare informatics?
• Will this issue have a long-term effect?
• Will this effect be positive or negative? Why?
You may refer to the course material for supporting evidence, but you must also use at least three credible.
Include a mix of both primary and secondary sources. with at least one source from a scholarly peer-reviewed journal.
• Primary sources are first-hand accounts such as interviews, advertisements, speeches, company documents, statements, and press releases published by the company in question.
• Secondary sources come from peer-reviewed scholarly journals, such as the Journal of Management. You may use like JSTOR, Google Scholar, and Social Science Research Network to find articles from these journals. Secondary sources may also come from reputable websites with .gov, .edu, or .org in the domain. (Wikipedia is not a reputable source, though the sources listed in Wikipedia articles may be acceptable.)
You may also want to consider the following sources for your research:
• News publications such as HuffPost and U.S. News & World Report.
• Reputable websites such as HIMSS org and CMS gov.
• National television and radio new program such as ABC World New Tonight and NPR.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.