Answerthe following questions, covering material from Ch. 12 of Methods in Behavioral Research:
1. Define the following terms:
• Descriptive statistics
• Scales of measurement
• Measures of central tendency
• Frequency distributions
• Correlation coefficient
• Effect size
• Multiple regression
2. How are group means, percentages, and correlations used to describe research results?
3. How can graphs be used to describe and summarize data?
4. A researcher is studying reading rates in milliseconds per syllable. What scale of measurement-nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio-is time in milliseconds? Explain your response.
5. Under what circumstances is the median or mode a better measure of central tendency than the mean? Explain your response.
6. True or false: The standard deviation and the range are sensitive to outliers. Explain your response.
7. True or false: The standard deviation can never be 0. Explain your response.
8. A researcher is investigating the effects of anxiety on creativity. Individuals with varying levels of anxiety are asked to complete a measure of creativity. The results show a classic U-shaped distribution; that is, individuals with moderate levels of anxiety score the highest on tests of creativity. Individuals with very low or very high levels of anxiety score much lower on tests of creativity. What would be a good statistic to use in this case? Explain your response.
9. What are some applications of multiple regression models (equations / techniques)? Provide an example.
10. Explain how and why multiple correlations are used as prediction variables?
11. In 175 words explain some of the measures and statistical tests used withcomparing percentages, comparing means, and correlating score?
12. In 175 words explain the difference between correlation and linear regression? What similar and different information do the two statistical procedures provide?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.