CASE SCENARIO:?The CEO has asked you (the Controller) to evaluate a specific company. This project goes beyond the basic financial statement analysis. You can obtain the most recent 10-K reports from www.sec.gov.
• A short & concise written report (not to exceed 15 pages).
• Bullet points are acceptable. [Essays, footnotes & references are important in ?academic settings; however, short & concise notes are prevalent in corporate ?settings.]
• First part. Briefly provide company background (one paragraph).
• Second part. Your recommendation. (Hint: How did you arrive at your ?recommendation?) Start with a new page, and show one of these two headings: ?o Recommendation - Credit Worthiness OR ?o Recommendation - Investment Opportunity
• Third part. "Appendix" is where you present financial information or other ?meaningful data to support your recommendation.
• Turn in hardcopy report. No need to turn in 10-Ks.
Some factors to consider:
• What do you know about the company? ?
• What are the basic financial ratios (liquidity, profitability, solvency)? ?
• How do the financial ratios compare with other companies in the same industry? ?
• What are the key highlights of the company's financial performance? ?
• What are the challenges (strengths and weaknesses) facing this?industry/company? ?
• Does the company have a history of solid, steady growth, or the potential to?grow? ?
• Has the company weathered the last recession well? ?
• How big is the market/demand for the products/services? ?
• Who are the major competitors and how successful are they? ?
• Who are the major customers? ?
• Do the directors and other company officers have a solid track record of success? ?
• What is their management style? ?
• How much of the company do the directors and officers own? ?
• Do you share the same vision and values of the CEO of the company? ?
• Can the CEO and leadership team execute their vision?
• EXCLUDE THOSE COMPANIES:?Activision, Adidas, Adobe, Amazon, AMD, American Honda, Anthem Blue Cross, Apple, Barnes & Noble, Best Buy, Bethesda Games Studios, Big 5 Sporting Goods, Boeing, Chesapeake, Chipotle, Coca Cola, Costco, CVS, Dave & Busters, Del Taco, Dell, Disneyland, Domino's Pizza, Dunkin Donuts, Ebay, Electronic Arts, Facebook, Ford Motor, Funko Inc., General Mills, General Motors, Google, GoPro, Green Dot, Hanesbrands, Hasbro, Hershey Company, Hewlett Packard, Home Depot, IBM, Kellogg's, L'Oreal, Lowe's, Macy's, McDonalds, Michael Kors, Microsoft, Monster Beverage, Netflix, Nike, Nordstrom, Northrop Grumman, Pepsi, Revlon, Six Flags, Southern California Edison, SouthWest Airlines, Starbucks, Target, TESLA, Twitter, Under Armour, U.S.Steel, Verizon, VF Corporation, Visa, Walmart, Xerox, Yum! Brands.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.