Assignment: Safety Data Sheet
Imagine that you are an industrial hygienist or a safety officer, and you have been asked to create a safety data sheet (SDS) for the employees within the manufacturing facility where you work. However, in this assignment, you will not actually create the SDS. You will just be collecting and studying specific data about the toxicity of certain chemicals that could be used to create it. Assume that the following chemicals/compounds are released during the manufacturing process:
• vinyl chloride,
• ammonia, and
• hydrogen chloride.
Choose one of these chemicals, and review the toxicology data for it.
Create at least a two-page essay which outlines the following information about the chemical:
• How can the route of exposure affect the toxicity of the chosen chemical/compound?
• How are the mechanisms of action and modes of action established surrounding how to deal with exposure to the chemical/compound?
• What are the effects that the chemical/compound chosen can have on the human body from the initial exposure to elimination?
- Your essay should also discuss how the Bradford Hill criteria for causation is used to determine the strength of the toxicology data you reviewed.
- The essay should be at least two pages in length (not counting the title and reference pages) and should utilize proper APA citations and references.
The websites below are good places to begin looking for information regarding your specific chemical/compound:
• Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry.
• Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.