G.C. is a 78-year-old widow who relies on her late husband's Social Security income for all of her expenses. Over the past few years, G.C. has eaten less and less meat because of her financial situation and the trouble of preparing a meal "just for me." She struggles financially to buy medicines for the treatment of hypertension and arthritis. Over the past 2 to 3 months, she has felt increasingly tired, despite sleeping well at night. When she goes to the senior clinic, the nurse practitioner orders blood work. G.C.'s chemistry panel is all within normal limits and a stool guaiac test is negative. Her other results include the following:
Laboratory Test Results
WBC 7600 /mm 3
Hgb 8.3 mg/dL
Platelets 151,000 /mm 3
Mean corpuscular volume (MCV) 65 mm 3
Mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH) 31.6 pg
MCH concentration (MCHC) 35.1%
Red cell distribution width (RDW) 15.6%
Iron (Fe) 30 mcg/dL
Total iron-binding capacity (TIBC) 422 mcg/dL
Ferritin 8 mg/dL
Vitamin B 12 414 pg/mL
Folate 188 ng/mL
In a one page written paper answer the questions below followed by a summery. Use APA format including title page, headers and references. Cite at least two scholarly sources.
1. Identification of correct disorder
2. Description of at least two (2) major causes of the identified disorder.
3. Identification/definition of manifestations (signs/symptoms) of the identified disorder.
4. Analysis of nursing and/or collaborative interventions for the identified disorder.
5. Correct use of APA format with references.
6. Summary does not exceed 300 words.
7. Correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.