Assignment: National Patient Safety Goals
This exercise is designed to increase the students' awareness of the National Patient Safety Goals developed by The Joint Commission. Specifically, this assignment will introduce the Speak Up Initiatives, an award- winning patient safety program designed to help patients promote their own safety by proactively taking charge of their healthcare.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
1: Apply the concepts of health promotion and illness prevention in the laboratory setting.
2: Explain the rationale for selected nursing interventions based upon current nursing literature.
1. Select a Speak Up brochure developed by The Joint Commission.
2. Write a short paper reviewing the brochure. Use the Grading Criteria (below) to structure your critique and include current nursing or healthcare research to support your critique.
a. The length of the paper is to be no greater than three pages, double spaced, excluding title page and reference page. Extra pages will not be read and will not count toward your grade.
3. This assignment will be graded on quality of information presented, use of citations, and use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and organization based on the required components.
4. Create the review using a Microsoft Word version that creates documents with file names ending in .docx. This is the required format for all Chamberlain documents.
5. Any questions about this paper may be discussed in the Q & A Forum in Canvas or directly with your faculty member.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.