Homework: Create Nutrients
As you may recall, nutrients are divided into the following six (6) categories:
o Lipids (Fats)
For this homework, you will need to develop an informative PowerPoint presentation that could be used to teach your classmates about a variety of nutrients from the nutrient categories (above).
• Your PowerPoint presentation should:
o Have a title slide.
o Contain at least 6 content slides.
o Reflect proper spelling and grammar.
o Cite at least 2 credible references and present the sources in APA format on a References slide.
• Choose five specific nutrients from within the nutrient categories listed above. You may choose either:
o a mixture of five macro and micro nutrients
- For example, you can use 2 macronutrients (such as lipids and carbohydrates) and 3 micronutrients (such as specific vitamins and minerals)
o five different vitamins or minerals
- For example, 2 vitamins (such as A and D), 2 major minerals (such as sodium, calcium, and potassium), and 1 trace mineral (such as zinc).
• For each of the nutrients you selected, create content slides that address the following:
o Explain the function(s) of the nutrient within the body.
o Describe how the nutrient is metabolized (where primarily digested, absorbed, and transported) within the body.
o Identify the current Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for the nutrient for an average adult.
Format your homework according to the following formatting requirements:
o The answer should be typed, using Times New Roman font (size 12), double spaced, with one-inch margins on all sides.
o The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the homework, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
o Also include a reference page. The Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.