In the discussion for Module One, you submitted potential topics for your capstone research proposal. For this milestone, you will collect potential peer-reviewed resources that will be used to support your ideas. In your capstone research proposal, you will develop a well-organized research concept paper that lays the foundation for a solid plan to implement research. You will address a relevant problem that aligns with your focus within the field of psychology. You may choose a problem that reveals a gap in our understanding and requires you to provide an explanation of psychological phenomena and variables. Or it may be an applied problem that directly involves the psychological well-being of individuals, communities, or organizations. In either case, you will need resources to support your cause, which is why this milestone is necessary.
Prompt: Integrate the literature relevant to your research questions or intervention in a three- to five-page paper. At the beginning of this paper, state your research questions or intervention and explain the significance of these things within the field of psychology. Then discuss how each resource relates to your research questions or intervention. In this paper, you may summarize each article in preparation for the synthesis that is necessary for the literature review you will submit for Milestone Two. Milestone One is an opportunity for you to show how you can deeply immerse yourself in the literature in preparation for your literature review. In this assignment, you will analyze the resources to tell your own story in your literature review.
In your submission, be sure to include the critical elements listed below.
• Develop well-formed research questions or a relevant intervention and explain the significance of these things within the field of psychology.
• Summarize the literature and identify the main argument in support of the research questions or intervention.
• Assess sources specific to research questions, describing the author's credentials, arguments, objectivity, persuasiveness, and conclusions.
• Analyze sources, including the methodology, to determine their strengths and weaknesses in how they impact our understanding of the intervention or the research questions.
• Include a conclusion that ties together the literature addressed and reiterates the connection to the research questions and the main argument.
• Ensure that the submission has no major errors related to citations, grammar, spelling, syntax, or organization.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.