Assignment: Health Information Improvement Proposal
You have been asked to create a proposal for improving data collection and analysis based on the current EHR at Independence Medical center and the recommendations you already made during your work. Despite being meaningful use certified, the leadership team feels that the organization needs to make better use of patient data to improve clinical outcomes, quality, and efficiency.
Your board of directors have asked you to prepare a full proposal and are relying on you to provide them with the most current and relevant information to help them decide on the next steps related to improvements and analysis.
In this assessment, you will create an 8-10-page proposal that summarizes findings, aligns the appropriate data with the organization's strategic goals, identifies current trends in data analytics, and provides recommendations for next steps based on your assessment of the organization's readiness to proceed. You should feel free to draw on relevant aspects of the previous assessments in this course to help you complete this assessment.
Your proposal will be evaluated on the following criteria:
• Explain your recommendations related to technological and logistical changes to an organization's HIM system.
• Explain how data products and outcomes from recommendations align with an organization's administrative and clinical goals.
• Analyze how contemporary data analysis trends could be leveraged to improve current practices in an organization.
• Recommend best practices for collecting data, securely storing data, and converting data analytics into useful and understandable deliverables.
• Apply relevant evidence and best practices to target proposal messaging to stakeholders.
• Communicate proposal in a professional, clear, and concise way.
• Integrate relevant sources to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.