Assignment: Outsourcing A Division
Assume you are a strategic leader in a large international manufacturing organization. The organization has experienced a significant loss in revenue over the last two years; now you must consider outsourcing a division to another country in order to reduce expenditures and sustain the company for years to come. Given that your role as a strategic leader is to focus on long-term planning, you must ensure that your decision making is effective and will meet the overall organizational goal of sustainment. Thus, address the following:
• Describe the steps you would take in evaluating the decisions to be made in this situation.
• Explore whether or not you would use prescriptive or descriptive decision making.
• Explain your reasoning for the type of decision making you selected.
• Evaluate the critical thinking skills you think are necessary to make this decision.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.