scoring guide icon Discussion and Participation Scoring Guide.
In this discussion, you will be asked to explain what public health is and identify initiatives that revolve around public health. Complete the following:
1. Explain what public health is.
2. Identify and describe one initiative of public health.
3. What is the initiative and how is it managed?
4. The textbooks introduce public health and provide some possible examples. In addition, you can find information from the Centers for
5. Disease Control and Prevention Web site, and by using the phrase public health initiatives. There are hundreds of examples of public health initiatives on the Internet.
Once you are done, refer to the Discussion Participation Scoring Guide to make sure you have met the requirements of this discussion.
Read the posts of your peers and respond to two posts. Review the initiative your peers identified:
1. Have you heard of this initiative before? If so, what do you know about it?
2. Is the information your peers documented the same as what you know? Explain.
3. Consider how the initiative is managed based on the documentation of your peers. What are your thoughts about the management? Do you believe it is being managed well? Explain.