Review the scenario You are a Forensic Psychologist.
Review the scenario You are a Forensic Psychologist. Then write a 5 to 8-page paper that addresses the following:
- Explain criminal behavior using various theories of crime and analyze the factors involved in determining the competency and mental state of offenders.
- In your paper, you must address the following questions:
- Given the information provided, what else would you want to know about Edward?
- Who would you want to interview for collateral contact about him, and what information could they provide you to help determine competency?
- Define competency to stand trial; include the standard used in determining one's competency and the various prongs needed to be assessed.
- What questions would you ask Edward in order to assess his competency to stand trial?
- Besides interviewing, what other ways would you assess his competency?
- Does he appear to meet the criteria for competency to stand trial? Why or why not?
- What happens to Edward if he is competent to stand trial? If he is found to be incompetent to stand trial, what happens with Edward?
- When conceptualizing this case, what theory of criminal behavior, out of the following theoretical areas, do you think best explains Edward's behavior?
- Explain the basis of the theory and provide examples to support your position.
- If the judge asked you on the stand to assess Edward's risk for future violence, how would you answer? Provide examples to support your position.
You must use the text, as well as two outside resources, to formulate your answers. Format your paper in APA style and provide a title page and bibliography.