Assignment: Theory Of Learning For
Applying Learning Theory to Life
Prior to beginning work on this activity read all of the required reading, review the content and review the Instructor Guidance. You will be discussing the multiple perspectives about how we learn, based on your developing knowledge about learning theory, and how it affects your own ability to perform at desired levels.
• Explain behaviorism, cognitivism, constructivism, and humanism as applied to learning. Suggested template.
• Summarizes at least two sub-theories/ideologies within each framework.
o Examples include:
o From behaviorism
- associative learning, classical conditioning, operant Conditioning, conditioning, extinction, and ratio/interval schedules
o From cognitivism
- schema theory, memory development, elaboration theory (i.e. Bloom's taxonomy), cognitive load theory, and social learning/cognitive theory.
o From constructivism (conceptions of knowledge are derived from the process of constructing individual interpretations of one's experiences)
- cognitive constructivism, dialectical (social) constructivism, zone of proximal development, and discovery learning
o From humanism
- motivational theories of learning (i.e. self-determination theory, Maslow's hierarchy of needs), experiential learning, and Steiner pedagogy or Waldorf education.
o List and briefly explain a minimum of two theoretically supported strategies, that we have learned about during the past, that you think would most help you to increase your own learning success.
o List and briefly explain a minimum of two theoretically supported strategies, that we have learned about during the past weeks, that you think would most help someone in your personal or professional circle.
- Apply basic methods of psychological research skills to this content by synthesizing supporting evidence from at least three scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library that defend the strategies you have chosen.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.