Homework: Environmental Policy- Superfund Act 1980
This homework contains an imaginary scenario in which you will demonstrate your knowledge of the concepts presented in this course.
Your friend, an 8th-grade earth science teacher at the local middle school, is organizing an Earth Day celebration for his students and their families. He knows you have recently been learning about environmental policies in this environmental science class and has asked you to be one of several guest speakers at the event. He would like you to explain to the students how scientific research and public awareness of an environmental issue led to an environmental policy or law. The goal is for the 8th-grade students to understand how people and communities (scientific community, government bodies, citizens of a country, etc.) can effect positive change for the environment.
Use the policy and issue you selected for your Discussion - Environmental Policies in Action. (Superfund Act 1980)
Prepare a 3 to 4 minutes video and/or audio recording, or a 1,050 to 1,750 words transcript of your presentation.
Address the following in your presentation:
1) Summarize the environmental issue. What are its causes? What are the effects on the environment and people? Consider multiple perspectives and locations, as applicable.
2) Explain how economics and/or personal lifestyle choices or behaviors are related to this issue.
3) Describe how individuals, communities, and/or governments have worked to address the issue.
4) Examine the impact of relevant legislation or initiatives. What are the benefits? Have there been any consequences?
Format your homework according to the following formatting requirements:
(1) The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
(2) The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the homework, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
(3) Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.