Scenario for Assignments
For Assignment, you will take on the role of a consultant for a government agency. Your consulting firm has been asked by the agency to conduct background research, interview agency representatives, compile a report, and provide recommendations for improvement of their personnel management system. The first role of the consultant is to become familiar with the agency, its departments, and key actors. You will develop the assignment in four (4) parts, submitting each to your supervisor (your professor) who will review and grade your efforts.
Select one federal, state, or local government organization, and then select a department within that agency. Usually, you can find contact information on their website.Please note, each assignment builds upon the previous assignment. The agency you select in Assignment 1 must be used for all remaining assignments.
• Review website link: https://www.usa.gov/federal-agencies/a
• Select a federal or state public agency.
• Review the directions for Assignments before selecting your agency. This will ensure that the agency you select will be able to address the requirements of each assignment.
Assignment 1: Rationale and Analysis for Agency Selected,
Assignment 2: Evaluation of Agency's Public Personnel Administration,
Assignment 3: Agency's Law and Ethics of Hiring a Diverse Workforce,
Assignment 4: Analysis of the Agency's Policies, Procedures, and Plans - Unions, Privatization, Pensions, and Productivity,
After selecting an agency and department, you are expected to:
1. Research the literature regarding issues that involve the selected agency and public administration in general.
2. Interview one (1) representative of the agency's department for the different sections of the paper. (Interviews can be conducted in person, by phone, or by an electronic method such as email.)
Can benefits alone attract candidates to want to work in the public sector? What qualities or job culture attributes would attract candidates?
Agency's Law and Ethics of Hiring a Diverse Workforce,
Refer to the Scenario for Assignments, attached down below Write a four to six (4 to 6) page paper in which you:
- Analyze at least two (2) laws or two (2) court decisions that have implications to the agency's personnel management. (Title this section "Laws Affecting the Agency")
- Evaluate the agency's approach to LGBTQ issues, highlighting the strengths and weaknesses. (Title this section "Personnel Recruitment and Hiring Practices")
- Evaluate the agency's approach to ethics and diversity training programs provided for new and existing employees, highlighting the strengths and weaknesses. (Title this section "Ethics and Diversity Training")
- Recommend at least two (2) actions the agency could take to improve in the areas of recruiting and training a diversified workforce. (Title this section "Recommendations for Recruiting and Training a Diversified Workforce")
- Appropriately incorporate at least four (4) quality sources. A quality source can be either popular, such as a news article, or scholarly, such as peer reviewed works. In the case of public administration, government websites are appropriate quality resources. Note: Wikipedia, SparkNotes, and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the professor's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Attachment:- Analysis for US Agency for Global Media.rar