Assignment: Cloud Engineering
This assignment assesses the below Unit Learning Outcomes; students should be able to demonstrate their achievements in them:
• Compare and report on cloud delivery, metrics, pricing models;
• Evaluate cloud various service quality metrics;
• Apply and evaluate the various cloud techniques for business case studies.
Length: 2000 words.
Infrastructure as a Service or IaaS is a cloud computing model whereby all the infrastructure is provided and maintained by cloud providers: servers, storage, networking, and so on. With IaaS, an organization can make wise investment in quickly growing with cloud rather than wasting huge amounts on purchasing and installing new hardware.
With IaaS model, organizations simply pay a monthly fee to use resources as per their needs and cloud providers are responsible for ensuring the maintenance of all the hardware and virtualized services.
IaaS provides the tools and resources needed for development, but the organization is responsible for provisioning and managing its own development platform. This means developers will need to orchestrate their own execution processes, manage their own data services and maintain the underlying OS. This model gives development team more flexibility when adding unique features and tweaking apps and services for maximum performance.
You work as senior developer for software a development company which develops applications for mobile platforms. Your company is planning to focus on building great applications without having to worry about the infrastructure. Your manager asked you to compare and contrast two cloud service providers and their delivery pricing model and other delivery metrics for IaaS.
By doing this assignment, you will acquire a good understanding of available cloud service providers and their service offerings. This will help you to determine the appropriate cloud provider that provides tools and resources needed for developing applications for mobile platforms.
Your Task is:
1. To identify four cloud service providers who offer Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) to develop applications for mobile platforms.
2. Select one of the cloud service providers from your list for further investigation. Compare and contrast between Google Cloud (used in this unit) and the Infrastructure as a Service of the cloud service provider you have chosen.
3. You are required to submit a written report in a Word document. The report should contain maximum 2000 words excluding references.
The report must contain the following sections (feel free to add one or more sections if necessary):
• Cover page/title page
• Table of contents
• Cloud service providers:
1. List all identified cloud service providers who offer IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
2. Select a service provider out of the list to compare with Google Cloud and write reasons to justify your choice
3. Comparison and contrast with Google Cloud - this is the body of the report and should be written as detailed as possible.
This section must only include comparison and contrast between Google Cloud and your chosen service provider for the following metrics:
o Time and effort to create new application environment
o Service Availability (percentage of time system is available)
o Security (Privacy & Data Protection Policies)
o Costing model (service cost)
o Elasticity (automatically add and remove resources)
o Your opinion - Based on your comparison and contrast of two cloud providers
o Which service provider would you recommend and why?
• References IEEE style.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.