"Poetry Sampler: Poetry and Art" pages PS-1 through PS-7
Find a work of art and write a) a brief history of the artist and the artwork and b) a Descriptive Poem that uses imagery to describe the artwork.
- Cut and paste a picture of a work of art. It can be famous or yet to be discovered.
- Write a history of the piece of art and the artist.
Note: Be very careful about plagiarism in this part. It is important that you research the work of art and the artist, put the summary of history and life into your own words, and then provide a citation for the researched information. You are also welcome to use a direct quote that is cited.
- Using the poems in the "Poetry Sampler" section as examples, write a descriptive poem that uses imagery words to provide a visual description of your chosen artwork.
Note: Remember in writing poetry, that not all poems need to rhyme. The important skill here is to use imagery descriptions to describe the artwork and the author. Be sure to read the poetry samplers in the book.
- Length and format: 2-3 pages.
- The title page and reference page are also required, but they should not be factored into the 2-3 page length of the essay.
- Research section should be double spaced, written in Times New Roman, in 12 point font and with 1 inch margins. Essay should conform to APA formatting and citation style. Can use creative style in poetry section.
- Please use the above sources and any outside sources you need to create a properly- formatted APA reference page.
- Use APA format for in-text citations and references when using outside sources and textual evidence.
- Skills to be assessed with this assignment: Synthesizing research and text; using APA format for in text citation and reference page citations; using imagery and description to evoke emotion; describe and persuade, responding to literature.
- Please be cautious about plagiarism. Make sure to use in-text citations for direct quotes, paraphrases, and new information.
Attachment:- Descriptive writing imagery response.rar