Discussion: Human Dynamics, Development and Systems
Peter Senge is a world-renowned author whose book, The Fifth Discipline received numerous honors.
In 1997, Harvard Business Review identified the book as one of the most influential management books of the past 75 years. When finished viewing the clip, share your thoughts on his message with your classmates.
Youtube Video: "Human Dynamics International Peter Senge" (3:11)
What did you think about what he had to say? What surprised you? What disappointed you? What tools can you use moving forward?
The Green Organization is a multinational corporation with offices around the globe. The organization has over 500 full time employees and over 1500 contracted positions across its footprint. The diversity of the individuals and teams working for the organization is multicultural. One of the key components of the organization is to operate in accordance to the laws and traditions of the host country.
The Green Organization brings employees and its contractors to different regional training centers for cross cultural training. The organization also provides training on the different workplace cultures. As many individual and cultural characteristics are learned or based on environmental influence, the organization has an open dialog as to how they can best serve a particular region, territory, or client. Flexibility and adaption are very important to the success of the trainings and the organization as a whole.
Part of your assignment as a contractor is to present to the executive leadership the importance of regional cultures as well as workplace culture in training and in the workplace. Provide practical examples of how to best adapt and accommodate to the needs of a region for an organizational leader being transferred to a new region unfamiliar to them.
• A training plan for assimilating to a new organizational culture and regional culture.
• How can this plan be best enacted to expedite synthesis and raise overall performance and effectiveness in the organization as well as in the region?
• What tools might best prepare the new leader? Remember a tool is only as good as the artist.
• How can the importance of this training be best communicated to the learner?
• Your plan (response) should be a minimum of 300 words. Be sure to utilize outside resources in order to back up your plan with data/theories that have proven to be a success. Be sure to respond to your classmates posts this week.
The response should include a reference list. Double-space, using Times New Roman 12 pnt font, one-inch margins, and APA style of writing and citations.