Over the past several decades, health care and information technology have undergone a period of dramatic change caused by a multitude of pressures and opportunities, many of which continue to persist and evolve. As we have moved into globalization of communication, technology, and information, Health Information Systems need to reflect what is happening to ensure optimal use of clinical information.
1. Create a roadmap using PowerPoint that discusses the role of health information systems in health care related to improving patient outcomes.
2. Describe how health information systems and applications can help improve the delivery of health care.
3. Describe advantages and disadvantages of using health information systems.
Beaumont, R. (2001). Types of Health Information Systems.
Cortes, P. (2011). Hospital Information Systems: A Study of Electronic Patient Records
JISTEM Journal of Information Systems Technology Management 8 (1).
Fichman, R. (2011). The role of information systems in healthcare: Current research and future trends. Information Systems Research, 22 (3): 419-428. Retrieved from the Trident University Library.
YOUTUBE VIDEO: "Improving the Usability of Health Information Systems".
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.