Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
You have been asked to attend a management meeting in your organization and discuss the area of risk management and your thoughts on implementing measures to reduce risk in the organization's information security program. Areas you should research and be prepared to articulate are broad, but some areas to consider may include the following:
• Define risk management and how evaluating risk reduces vulnerability of an information and communication technology (ICT) system breach; consider both insider and outside risks.
• Identify 2 proactive and 2 defensive measures to consider when building an information security program; consider both technical and managerial measures.
• Articulate how key risk indicators (KRIs) drive the security strategy of enterprise information and communication technology (ICT) systems?
• How can ICT system security management gain executive support to implement risk management strategies that may be costly but reported as effective?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response.
To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
• What did you learn from your classmate's posting?
• What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
• What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
• What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates' postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.